Hey there Creatives! So a little MIA lately? Yes that is me. Life is full of crazy surprises good and bad – there have been a lot of both this past month but let’s focus on the positive shall we?
IRL Classes – I have added a classes tab onto my site that includes IRL (in real life) classes! This summer it includes Grapevine and Houston TX. I am super excited to share that TCW has joined me as one of the sponsors for my classes so please check it out! And if you are not local, hang in there there are more opportunities coming really soon!
Mixed Media Mondays- are still going strong on Facebook! If you haven’t been to one, every Monday night at 8pm Central Time I do something related to Mixed media live on Facebook. Sometimes it’s a demonstration on a new product, or how something works, how to do something related to mixed media or a project. I do giveaways and it’s live so you never know what is going to happen! I love that people can leave comments during and after so I can answer questions as I go or even demonstrate something on the fly if it’s related. My peeps have the best ideas! Join me Mondays at 8 pm CST on Facebook at RitaBarakat1
And now the big big big announcement…DESIGN TEAM CALL!!!!
One of the most awesome things that can happen as an artist is having your work picked up for licensing! My art has been picked up and I have been asked to pick a design team for my work! While the big reveal of my new product line has not yet been released it will be by the end of the month! There will be stamps- acrylic and foam, stencils and some other super fun (top secret) and exciting things to work with! We are small but we will be mighty and as the Rita Barakat line grows so will the opportunities! So I need your help!
If chosen you will receive FREE products for you to use for your projects!
Some will be mine exclusively, some will be from other manufacturers to use in your projects!
Your name and art will be featured on our Social Media channels, at CHA and other events!
You will be a art of a team that will work together to promote the brand and each other!
As the line grows so will opportunities, as a designer I know how important it is to compensate (monetarily) my people, we are not there yet but that is the goal!
Are you with me?
We’re looking for Designers who have an established following on a variety of Social platforms, are good with deadlines and have beautiful projects!
Ideal Candidate Capabilities:
- Create beautiful pieces that will excite and inspire others using Rita Barakat products!
- Ability – technology and sparkling personality to create blog posts and/or inspiring videos
- Create two original projects to post on our blog
- Maintenance of your blog and link to Rita Barakat’s website/blog
- Follow the guidelines provided by our Brand Team
- Share your projects on your social media channels
- Work as team to support and promote each other on social media channels
Excited to join the fun? Send us the following information by June 1st to Barakatdesigners@gmail.com
with the e-mail title ‘Design Team Application’. Notifications will go out and be officially announced on the 12th of June!
- Name, address and e-mail address
- Short biography – Tell us who your are and how you would be a perfect fit for our team
- Tell us the social media channel where you are most active – you do not have to be on all channels
- Links to your blog and all other Social Media
- Link to your best mixed media/home décor/card/scrapbook/crafty project with step by step directions. Show us who you are! (This can be an existing project)
Videos are welcomed!
- List all the brands you are currently affiliated with, and any design team commitments you already have
- Finally…like/follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Instagram!
NOTE: Design Team term is six months..This call originally published on the Rita Barakat blog.
Blessings and Good Luck!
Rita Barakat is a Mixed Media Artist, Illustrator, Designer and Educator. From wall murals to itty bitty minis you can find her work in various hospitals, corporations, family homes, manufacturer websites and magazines. She designs, teaches workshops and and freelances for a variety of manufacturers. Not anywhere near a local event? Sign up for her newsletter and receive a Top Secret Mixed Media Class in your inbox!
Written by Rita Barakat - Visit Website